Tuesday, February 06, 2007

do you believe in miracles...


in december God warned me to pray for my family and loved ones. having walked a path with God for more than a number of months about growing in faith, it felt easy to theoretically speak about wanting to see more of God and His power and Glory, and Him healing people... it's all good and well, until it is your own niece.

by some freak accident, my niece, Ilne Meyer (little girl on the picture) got shocked on Friday night. Her heart stood still and even though four doctors (including her mom and dad) did everything they could, her heart would not start. They said that they would continue for 60 minutes at which point in time, they would believe that God had taken her home... We all united in prayer to plead for God's mercy for this little girl, aged 6 that loves Him with all of her heart. On 59 minutes my eldest sister in her mind's eye saw a nurse saying "call it, call it", meaning to say that it's time to give up. She cried to God and said "NO!! You say that by your stripes, Jesus, we are healed!". i believe God said to me NO, it's not her time. So God started her heart somewhere between minute 59 and 60! It was a miracle....

There seemed to be no brainswelling, the organs were ok, Sunday morning i testified in chuch to His Glory... God said to me it's not her time, and gave me the story of Jairus. We were rejoicing... as she was in a deep sedation, we did not know, but slowly it started being clear that her brain is showing very little activity. Doctors have said there is very little activity in the brain... and that's where God said to us... do you really believe I am the miracle God? Forget about being theoretical about this, this was my niece.

And that is when God said: I am the God that healeth... that is truly what we believe. And all over South Africa, in Australia, in the UK, even in Puerto Rico, there are people that's praying for little Ilne's life, for the Spirit to restore her and breath life into her brain. Some moments it's easy to believe, some moments it's really hard!

Yesterday God gave me the same story which i got on Friday in Luke 8:50 in Mark 5, i wrote her name next to it. At the same time without sharing this with my brother, a friend of his, who really searches the Lord saw a hand writing on a piece of paper, Mark 5. Another friend of my sister's wanted to send her a sms that didn't go through, but confirmed it later that she wanted to tell my sister to remind God of Jairus' daughter. All the scriptures confirmed, what we believe God is saying.

This afternoon, after having a long struggle and crying hysterically before God... yes i'm in no ways perfect or not failing in my faith, God told me to send my brother Isaiah 40:31 "But they that wait upon the Lord, shall renew their strength". Shortly afterwards my brother sms'ed back to say that God told him more than 4 times this morning, to just wait upon Him, the one who holds life and death in His hands. what a confirmation!


So do i believe in miracles... YES, i believe in a God that never stopped doing them, maybe we're just a people that have stopped asking for them, looking to circumstances and people and not what God is saying. i believe that we are entering end days, where people will need to see more of God and less of us, more of His glory and less of institutions and what we think, more of His power and more of His transforming powerful change in people's lives.


so we believe God is about to do a BIG thing! Ilne, our little angel's favourite song is "Big God". "Big God, Big dreams, big plans, Big EVERYTHING, because I've got a BIG GOD!!!" and so here we will stand, upon His word, waiting for His healing miracle! Please pray with us! To Him all the glory and honour!

No comments: